GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDEES
How do I log in on the day of the event?
To login the day of the event, please visit the following website at 12:30pm EST: https://smallbusiness.blackenterprise.com/
Click on the login button and use the email address that you registered with. This will allow you to access the event
Where will the event be held?
This is an online event. You do not have to travel to any specific location. You can participate anywhere that you have internet access. The event is accessible from desktop, mobile, and tablet devices.
Can I test my system before the event?
Yes, you will be provided with login credentials to test the system 30 minutes before the event starts and get familiar with the interface.
Do I need to download or install any software to be able to attend this event?
No. You do not need to download or install any software to participate in our conference. You only need to have access to the internet.
For the best experience, please use the latest version of Chrome, Safari or Firefox as your browser. The virtual summit is best viewed using Google Chrome V83.
The platform is not well supported on IE/EDGE.
Who do I contact if I have troubleshooting issues logging in the day of the event?
Send an email to email@example.com for any technical assistance.
Who do I contact if I have issues navigating the platform the day of the event?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical assistance, or simply click on the “networking” tab in the main navigation bar to access the technical support chatroom to speak to an vFairs tech rep live.
Which browser is best for video streaming?
We recommend Chrome and Firefox.
The media player will automatically adapt the video quality down depending on your available bandwidth. The lowest adaption is an audio only stream.
If you are on a slow internet connection, you may experience moments of buffering. If you are connected over VPN, disconnect from it and refresh the page. If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting to the Internet directly via Ethernet cable.
There are a few possibilities:
- The session may not have started yet, you may wish to verify the start time of the session. If you have logged in early, you may not hear audio or see any video until the session begins
- You may have disconnected from the session. Refresh your browser by hitting F5 on your keyboard for PC or Command-R on a Mac.
- Check your computer speakers are not muted. Your system’s volume may also be low or muted. Try adjusting your system volume.
- Confirm your system is compatible. The virtual summit is best viewed using Google Chrome V83
- Please make sure to quit any other chat /communication application e.g., Skype, Microsoft Meetings, Zoom, or WebEx.
- Please go to your browser’s settings and check the Sound and Camera options there. Make sure to select the correct device on your system. Sometimes, these settings are using default devices that aren’t compatible so it’s a good idea to select the appropriate mic and camera. Here is a screenshot https://vepimg.b8cdn.com/uploads/vjfnew/891/uploads/vjf/content/misc/1592925604browser.pngor watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMubStQAJs.
- Please use modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.The chat platform is not supported on EDGE/IE.
- The chat platform only supports 1-1 calls, so please ensure that you end the previous call you were on before you accept a new one.
- Change internet connection from WIFI to LAN or LAN to WIFI. From Company internet to Home Internet or vice versa. Maybe try not to use Public WIFI as it’s metered and has P2P traffic blocked
- Check for OS updates. Make sure all OS updates are applied.
- Make sure the browser version is latest for the respective vendor. Latest versions of
- Microsoft Edge / Google Chrome / Safari / Mozilla Firefox are recommended
- Disable firewall or any related software that might be blocking p2p traffic.
- If needed, add these wildcards to whitelist for normal chat: *. pubnub.com , *. pndsn.com , *. pubnub.net and *. pubnub.io
- If needed, add these wildcards to whitelist for audio/video chat: *. tokbox.com , *. opentok.com