It seems that we are in accelerator and fellowship season. Recently, Venture for America (VFA) announced that they are now accepting applications for their upcoming fellowship. This two-year fellowship program is for recent grads who are interested in working at a startup.
According to the site, fellows will learn important startup skills at their five-week Training Camp, apply for jobs within VFA’s vetted company network, and work for two years as full-time, salaried employees in one of 18 cities. When fellows want to start a company—be it two years after college or 10—VFA will provide resources to assist them in the process.
Some key highlights of the program:
- Two-year salaried fellowship
- Vetted company partners
- Entrepreneurship and professional training
- Resources and support to help you find your entrepreneurial path
What happens once you are accepted?
- VFA matches you with one of their company partners. After you accept your fellowship offer, they will help you get a full-time startup job.
- Attend their five-week training camp where you will train with world-class entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Work for two years at your startup; help build your company’s business, connect with other fellows in your city, and become a member of that community.
- Ongoing support from the VFA community where you will expand your network and connect with hundreds of VFA mentors and supporters.
- Graduate and choose your path:
- Launch a company: 17% of their alumni have started companies and have raised over $25 million in funding.
- Become a leader at a startup: 73% of VFA alumni continue to work in the startup space. Additionally, many of them choose to continue to live and work in a VFA city.
- Join an established company: VFA alumni work at innovative tech companies including Amazon, Google and Facebook.
- Attend a graduate program: 6% of alumni choose to continue their education and training at prestigious graduate programs.
To find out more click here. The current application deadline is Jan. 29, 2018.