Preparing for a trip entails a lot of work. You have to make sure that all of your work is squared away; secure childcare; remember to set up your automatic reply message on your email; find a place for your pet to stay; and go shopping for last minute items.
And if you’re anything like us, you’ll probably wait until the last minute to pack. Because you know, life happens! So, before that becomes your reality and you have to use that excuse, take a look at what you need to pick up and pack for your time at Black Men XCEL. Because no one wants to show up to Palm Beach Gardens with the wrong clothes or not enough options… especially since we’ll be at the PGA National Resort & SPA for four days.
Believe it or not, we’re just two weeks away from the event! And with all of the activities that we have planned for you ladies and gentleman, we want to make sure that you are comfortable at each and every one of them. So take this list and share it with all of your friends who are attending so they can be great and not forget anything either!
Get ready with us:
1. Suits and ties – This is one of the events you just might want to get tailored for! Yes, we mean that you should dress to impress. And, you should pack with your brotha in mind. Because this year we are partnering with BE Modern Man, PK Kersey and his organization, That Suits You, and FedEx to host a suit drive to help black men and boys as they advance professionally.
2. Red Carpet fashion – Ladies, it’s time for you to grab that gown from the back of your closet or head to Rent the Runway. Gents, it’s time to tap into your inner Dapper Dan! Here’s what you need to pack: Cocktail dress, jumpsuit, suit, evening gown, tie, button up, reception dress, dress pants, men’s dress jacket.
3. Golf attire — According to the National PGA, women should pack colored khakis, capris, black exercise pants, tennis skirts, collared tops, golf or running shoes. And men should pack khaki pants or shorts, collared tops, and golf or running shoes.
4. Resort casual attire: The PGA National Resort & Spa is a beautiful destination! And the dress code is pretty laid back, but, there is one. Shorts, polo shirts, sundresses, linen, skirts, rompers, and denim are acceptable as resort casual attire. So come ready to chill!
5. Black and white attire: It going down at the Summer Send-Off Concert with Wyclef Jean presented by FedEx Express! So pick out your flyest black and white outfit. Or you can get real jazzy and wear both!
6. Greek paraphernalia – Calling all members of the Divine Nine: It’s time to set it owt! So, pack your ‘nalia and get ready to rock it like you’re back on the yard. We want to see you reppin’ your org at Greek Life Thursday!
7. Fitness wear – Ready, set, sweat! If you plan on joining us for the power walk, salsa dancing, tennis, Pilates, or the spin class you’ll want to be properly dressed.
8. Poolside soiree attire – We can’t wait to party poolside with DJ Nasty! And we know you can’t wait either. So be sure to pack a bathing suit, swim trunks, cover up, swim cap, and flip-flops. And, don’t forget your sunscreen.
9. Comfortable shoes – We know you’re packing your dancing shoes, but, remember to put your best foot forward and pack your comfortable footwear.
And if you haven’t already purchased your tickets, be sure to get them today and meet us in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, from Aug. 29 – Sept. 2 during Labor Day weekend as we celebrate black men and all of their excellence!