Negotiation: Be Smart, Be Bold, Be Crystal Clear
Facilitator: Mori Taheripour, Faculty Member, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- If you don’t ask for a fair salary from the start, the mistake follows you. You are at a salary disadvantage from then on.
- Negotiate your exit package before you accept a position. You have the most leverage when they are giving you the job, not when you’re being shown the door!
- People who aim high in negotiations get better results than people who have modest goals. There is a direct correlation between what you aim at and what you get!
- Don’t let your emotions cloud your expectations. Don’t let your gratitude for your job rob you of getting what you should be paid. Know your market value.
- Don’t get trapped in salary ranges. Just ask for the high number.
Break Through! How to Shatter Your Personal Glass Ceiling
Facilitator: Audra M. Bohannon, Principal, Global Novations
- If you are haunted about the things you haven’t done, that’s your soul speaking to you. Whatever stumbling blocks are obstructing your progress, identify them and put them behind you.
- If you’re tired of hearing yourself say the same thing over and over again, your friends are tired of hearing it too. Stop complaining, make a decision to do it or let it go. It’s OK to let it go.
- Before you can make a decision to move forward you have to know if you’re stuck, stalled, or don’t know what you want to do. Each one is different and requires a different type of action.
- Don’t let how you were socialized take up too much real estate in your head. Be empowered to make your own decisions about your personal and professional situations.