Dicks Sporting Goods released an infographic of the most popular jerseys sold to women nationwide. Based on Web and in-store sales figures from May 2014 through October 2014, millions of women love the NFL.
In fact, according to Adweek, women make up 46 percent of all NFL fans, and an average 63 percent of women 12 and older identify as fans.
Here are some additional interesting facts the report revealed:
- The top-selling female jersey overall is Colts QB Andrew Luck. More women’s jerseys were sold in Washington than any other state.
- Three rookies lead their respective states: Blake Bortles of the Jaguars in Florida, Sammy Watkins of the Bills in New York, and Johnny Manziel in Ohio.
- Quarterbacks dominated female jersey sales in 29 states, including:
- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had the most popular jersey in Washington, Idaho, Nevada and New Mexico
- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees dominated Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and, VermontNew England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was top in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Wyoming
- The Manning brothers–Peyton and Eli, both quarterbacks won, Montana, Colorado and Oklahoma.
- Cam Newton of the Carolina Panthers isn’t on the map, but is runner-up in four locations: Alabama, Washiongton D.C., North Carolina and South Carolina.