Whoopi Goldberg Skeptical About Bill Cosby Rape Allegations

"I have a lot of questions for the lady," host says.

Image: ABC
Image: ABC

The View Whoopi Goldberg and her co-hosts spent a significant amount of Monday’s episode engaging in the real-life brouhaha involving comedian Bill Cosby.

Refusing to pass early judgment on her friend and fellow funny person, Goldberg said, “I have a lot of questions for [alleged victim Barbara Bowman]. Maybe she’ll come on [the show].” Many are honing in on allegations raised against Cosby for sexual assault and rape, but Goldberg shares her doubts over whether these accusations are legit.

“I’m sorry, having been on both sides of this where people allege that you do something—it doesn’t matter now,” Whoopi confesses. “The cat is out of the bag. People have it in their head.” The other View co-hosts quickly pointed out that during Whoopi’s time with allegations that she answered questions from the media. Although Cosby recently released a statement through his attorney, it seems that the alleged victim continues to make it known that Cosby had his own issues.

“Don’t you do a kit when you say someone has raped you?” Goldberg said, responding to Barbara Bowman’s direct allegations. “Perhaps the police might have believe it, or the hospital.” While the chatty-kathys of the show went over the fact that Cosby has engaged in paying settlements, Whoopi was quick to illuminate the audience about what that actually intends. “I can speak to settlements. Settlements don’t necessarily mean you’re guilty,” Goldberg explained.

“You generally settle because you don’t want to put your family through it again, you don’t want to keep going through it again and again and again. I hope there is justice for this lady, I hope somebody gets to the bottom of this, but I’m going to reserve my judgments because I have a lot of questions,” Goldberg said.

The actor has denied Bowman’s story and has said he will not be offering any more commentary about this matter moving forward. Yesterday, the height of the allegations went up a fevered notch when noted publicist Joan Tarshis published an essay that claimed the comedian sexually assaulted her twice in 1969. To make matters worst, that was also the year Cosby released a comedic bit about slipping something called “Spanish Fly” into women’s drinks.

SOURCE: Mediaite | Philly

10 Responses to Whoopi Goldberg Skeptical About Bill Cosby Rape Allegations

1. Jaimikai says:

I agree with Whoopi!

2. Linda Tisdale Kuczwanski says:

Whoopi should also have some questions for Bill Cosby.

3. Fee-fi-fo-fum says:

Her comments where mad solely on ethnic loyalty. she never consider the facts. Cosby could not bring himself to say that the accusation is a lie, I never touched that woman. Cosby needed his lawyer to say it.

4. jimmyjimmy says:

So no questions for Bill???????????

She is a victim blamer and a very poor thinker. SHe’s a big part of the problem.

5. tesh says:

i agree. if fire burn u once, u dnt to ur hands back in the fire. these whores only out for Bill’s money. TeamBill

6. pamela hogan says:

All, Whoopi did not exactly say to whom her questions would be addressed, but it is natural to question an accuser, they are the ones who bear the burden of proof. Bill Cosby is not obligated to make any statement at all, even in the eyes of the law. Just so you know.

7. William Pontius says:

First, one there was RAPE 30 years ago, and Crime was Punished by the Law then, so how after 30 years someone or others come forward to claim this happen? I am not saying it is right or wrong but to come forward after 30 years and Complain, well I say BULLSHIT! I am sorry but if they did not come forward when it happen, well hum, I say ……..!

8. Glt says:

Mr Cosby is innocent until proven guilty. And I don’t mean by the media!

9. itsallgood says:

Why don’t he speak up! He is looking dumb and guilty! He knows some of them are lying but I believe a lot of them are telling the truth. Speak up. Why? will you pay anyone if you didn’t do it! Please tell me why! I know why, you did it!!!!!!!

Lastly, BILL COSBY and DARREN SHARPERwere both CAUGHT in 2014

By now, almost everyone has heard about the multiple rape allegations against Bill Cosby. What was once a fairly taboo topic of conversation has shot to the forefront of the American consciousness due to the public statements of several of the alleged victims and the ensuing media firestorm. Dormant for years, public outrage is finally building, not just about what the famed comedian might have done, but also about what can be done about it.

Cosby is clearly being tried in the court of public opinion, but will he ever see the inside of an actual courtroom?

In short, probably not. The reality is cases like this are complicated. Although multiple victims have come forward accusing Cosby of rape, each detailing versions of abuse that fit a pattern, they have done so years, even decades, after the assaults allegedly occurred. And while a delay in reporting sexual abuse is very common (for many reasons), legally it makes investigating and prosecuting the crimes extremely difficult.

FACT: In 2013, over 35,000 WHITE WOMEN were RAPED by BLACK MEN

FACT: In 2013, 8 BLACK WOMEN were RAPED by WHITE MEN

COSBY gets CAUGHT in 2014: http://mic.com/articles/104662/so-you-think-bill-cosby-is-a-serial-rapist-now-what

Ultimately, a lack of forensic evidence coupled with legal statutes of limitations means there’s essentially no way current Cosby rape allegations would be used by prosecutors in a criminal proceeding.