Many people hate the reality of having to do their taxes. But, there’s at least one good thing to look forward to during tax season: free stuff.
Today, a number of different companies are offering deals and freebiesÂ to take the sting out of paying Uncle Sam. These treats can help alleviate some of the pressure and stress for procrastinators, who have waited to the very last minute to file their taxes. In addition, these goodies give thoseÂ expecting a big payout from the government more reason to celebrate.
From free desserts, to complimentary massages–here’s a list of places taxpayers should visit:
1. StaplesÂ is offering customers theÂ opportunity to shred up to two pounds of paper from now until April 22, 2017, for no cost, according to a report titled Get Relief on Tax Day With Freebies and DealsÂ fromÂ USA Today.Â Click here to print a coupon.
2. Likewise,Â Office DepotÂ is allowing customers to shred up to five pounds of documents for free until April 29, 2017, according to the same report from USA Today. Just print out a coupon atÂ www.officedepot.com/shredding.
4.Â White CastleÂ aficionados can take 15% off their meal withÂ this coupon.
5. At select Arby’s locations, patrons will be granted a free order of curly fries, with no purchase necessary,Â accordingÂ to the website forÂ Liberty Tax Service.
7. Chili’sÂ is selling blueberry and pineapple margaritas for just $6, reportsÂ USA Today.
8. Satisfy your sweet tooth atÂ CinnabonÂ with two of its classic ‘bites’ for free!
10. JetBlueÂ is offering one lucky person that owes the IRS money the chance to win a free one-way flight, but you must you fill out thisÂ formÂ to enter.
11. Depending on the franchise, manyÂ McDonald’sÂ restaurants are offering buy-one-get-one-free Big Macs, according to an article in USA Today. In addition, burger lovers can order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese for either 1 cent, 5 cents, or 25 cents, according to the website sweetiesweeps.com. Others are offering a free small order of fries or hamburgers for 59 cents, accordingÂ to the website forÂ Liberty Tax Service.
13. Sonic is serving up 50% off cheeseburgers at participating locations, according to USA Today.
14.Â DSWÂ is giving taxpayers an excuse to go shoe shopping, by offering a 20% discount off of regular price of the item purchased. This deal applies both in-store and online with the promo code 20FORME, reports USA Today.
15. Save 20% on a takeout order fromÂ P.F. Chang’sÂ by using the promo code TAXDAY.