Captivating the charm and affluence of “The Great Gatsbyâ€ era, more than 150 power players will gather at the New York Institute of Technology’s de Seversky Mansion in Long Island, N.Y., for the inaugural Activate Conference Sept. 20.
Led by Lucinda Cross, CEO of LC Associates and best-selling author of The Road to Redemption, the event will draw thought-leaders, celebrities and international speakers who seek to motivate professionals to live their best lives.
Les Brown, motivational speaker and author, will kick off the conference with his VIP session. Other notable speakers and authors will participate in panel discussions and incubator sessions, discussing everything from financial fitness to career to life purpose.
In light of this year’s event, here are seven smart reasons I think you should attend:
1. Learn how to Live Richer from The Budgetnista. Best-selling author Tiffany “The Budgetnistaâ€ Aliche is still fresh off speaking to thousands at Bishop T.D. Jake’s annual MegaFest. At the Activate Conference, she will teach this year’s activators how to make your money work for you.
2. Build your confidence to increase your bottom line. Highlights of the night will include messages about monetizing your brand from Lucinda Cross and building the confidence you need to increase your bottom line from motivational speaker Joan Wilson.
3. Launch from Brand Obscurity to Brand Omnipresence: You’ll meet a breakout leaders, Kellie Kuecha, affectionately known as the “Brand Re-Coder.â€ She translates life events into compelling stories of brands, which invigorate and draw recognition.
You’ll also meet Nikki Woods, senior producer of the Tom Joyner Show and the brand strategist responsible for facilitating the show’s rise in success.
4. Meet Public Servants and Not-for-profit Trailblazers: Featured on the Wendy William’s Show, Christine Carter turned the struggles of being an abused orphan to her life’s work, The Against All Odds Foundation. She uses her not-for-profit to empower her community, while providingÂ the necessary tools needed for youth to succeed in the classroom. You’ll also be able to talk strategy and gain insight from Nicole Roberts Jones, another breakout leader, and not-for-profit strategist.
5. Be Inspired by Celebrity Power Women Who Beat the Odds: Popularly known for her role as Bird in the hit TV series, “Soul Food,” Malinda Williams is a mom and actress on the move. She’ll be joined by Tashera Simmons, ex-wife of rapper DMX, who is also a proud mother, author and TV personality. Tionna Smalls, media personality and star of VH1’s hit series “What Chilli Wants,â€ will give you raw advice about relationships.
6. Learn the “Powerhouseâ€ principles:Â Tiona Von Johnson, sought-after real-estate entrepreneur, will share what it takes to become a powerhouse. Johnson will detail how she left a Wall Street real-estate firm to strike out on her own, founding her brokerage firm GoldStar Properties.
7. Become a Storytelling Expert: More than 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry as a national television host, Suzanne Kovi has made her mark. Known to many as the women with the golden tongue, Kovi will take pleasure from extracting the stories you never knew you had. Also, Kelly Lynn Adams and Monique Manigault will talk envisioning success in the workplace and life.
To learn more about the Activate Conference, visit ActivateConference.com.
Amanda A. Ebokosia is a freelance writer and founder of The Gem Project Inc., a not-for-profit organization that creates educational enrichment programs for youth and young adults. She is also a professional leadership consultant, who offers services and seminars for corporate and professional clients. A sought-after speaker and writer on topics of leadership, education, and empowerment, Ebokosia has spoken and led programs at educational institutions and companies including Rutgers University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, AOL Patch NY, Montclair YMCA (Teen Travel Camp), United Way of Essex and West Hudson and more.