*BACK TO BLACK HISTORY MONTH HOMEPAGE > CLICK HERE
On every single day of Black History Month this February, we will provide you with a daily fact that occurred on the same day in a past year in history.
Today’s Black History Month facts focus on Malcolm X and Barbara Jordan.
– On this day in 1917, jazz great Thelonious Monk was born
– On this day in 1936, the first black women elected to the house of Representatives Barbara Jordan was born.
– On this day in 1940, legendary singer Nina Simone was born
– On this day in 1961, Otis Boykin patented the electrical resistor. The device was used in all guided missiles and IBM computers
– On this day in 1965, activist Malcolm X was assassinated at the age of 39 in New York City.