- 500%Two year climb in the square footage of U.S. office and commercial space registered or certified under the LEED green building standards, 2005— 2007.
- $125 million Amount the Green Jobs Act of 2007 pledges toward green-collar job training opportunities.
- 39% Expansion of the market for clean-energy technology in 2006 versus 2005–expected to quadruple to more than $226.5 billion within a decade.
- $14.5 billion Investment by governments, corporations, and venture capitalists in clean technology in 2006, an increase of 13% over the previous year.
- 1,000% Increase in registrations of new hybrid vehicles between 2003 and 2007.
- $37 billion Annual payroll of the recycling industry, which employs more than 1.1 million people in more than 56,000 reuse and recycling establishments.
Sources: State of Green Business 2008 by Joel Makower; Recycling Investment Saves Energy Act of 2006, Clean Energy Trends 2007 by Clean Edge