Over 2,000 chief information officers in the U.S. were surveyed for the report. The most in-demand technology skills, according to the survey results, are:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft SQL Server
Of those surveyed, 61% said it was “challengingâ€ to find tech professionals with the necessary skills, and 37% indicated that staying up-to-date with the latest technology was the “greatest source of pressureâ€ on those who work in technology.
According to the Dice.com article, David Foote, chief analyst at Foote Partners L.L.C., also listed the highest paying technology certifications for the year. They are:
- GIAC Enterprise Defender (GCED): For enterprise-wide security.
- GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst (GCFW): For perimeter network security including firewalls, routers, and edge devices.
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA): An ethical hacker certification.
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC-Level 3): To become a certified Linux professional.
- EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI): A computer forensics certification for working with law enforcement and other agencies and to investigate cyber crime.
- CompTIA Server+: A certification for deploying and maintaining an IT infrastructure.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (all): Updated to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification, this certifies that an individual can build innovative solutions across multiple Microsoft technologies, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP): An advanced program management certification.
- Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP): Indicates expertise in computer forensics techniques and procedures, standards of practice, and legal and ethical principles to assure accurate, complete, and reliable digital evidence admissible in a court of law.
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE): A certification indicating a mastery of core competencies in the field of computer/digital forensics.
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java (GSSP-JAVA): This certification demonstrates mastery of the security knowledge and skills needed to deal with common programming errors that lead to most security problems.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Black Belt: This certifies that the individual can deploy Six Sigma within an organization. Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement.