Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart. Starting a business requires a lot of sacrifice of time, money, relationships, and resources. It may take years before your business begins to turn a profit that you can live on. Often the financial, emotional, and physical strains associated with the journey can take a toll on you. Without an outlet to manage those stresses, you can be putting your life in danger. Below are a few ways to help manage the stress of running a business.
- Exercise. According to the American Institute of Stress, stress is the basic cause of all human illness and disease. Because of this, it is imperative to keep your stress levels in check. Exercising is one key way to do so. Committing to just 30 minutes of activity per day can make a great difference.
- Pamper yourself. Don’t feel guilty when it comes to treating yourself. Pampering yourself is critical to managing your stress, so go ahead and treat yourself to that massage or a nice getaway. Your future self will thank you later.
- Eat healthier. Make sure your body is capable of fighting off illnesses and can endure the demands of running a business by eating healthy. Getting the proper nutrients is critical for your mental and physical stamina during your entrepreneurial journey.
- Tap into your spirit. Staying in tune with your spirit is another great way to manage stress. You can achieve this through daily prayer and meditation.
- Find someone to confide in. You don’t have to suffer in silence. Find someone you can trust to listen to your frustrations and give you an encouraging boost when needed.
This article was written by The BOSS Network Influencer, Alicia Bowens
Alicia Bowens is a visionary expert, an IT specialist, sought-after speaker, author, coach, business owner, and radio host. She specializes in helping teen and single mothers achieve their dreams via her coaching programs, books, and workshops.
Learn more about Alicia Bowens by visiting her website at www.aliciabowens.com
Follow Alicia on Twitter @alicia_bowens