If you know of an exceptional small business making an impact on an industry by bringing new products to the forefront, redefining sales strategies, and discovering new and profitable markets, we’d like to know about them.
Keep in mind that each small business (with the exception of the Entrepreneurs Award) must be
- independently owned
- at least 2 years old
- at least 51% black-owned
- generate annual revenues of at least $250,000 but not more than $20 million
- have a minimum of three employees
- show a pattern of increasing revenues for the two years preceding application, or have raised a round of capital from venture capitalists or other private equity investors for tech startups
If you know a business that fits these criteria, we’d like to know about them.
Peep the category nomination requirements:
- Techpreneur of the YearÂ – This award is given to a fast-growing company that is delivering groundbreaking technology products or is disrupting the digital industry in some manner.
- Family Business of the YearÂ – This award is presented to a family-operated business that exemplifies the combined experience and expertise needed to excel in a key industry.
- Franchise Owner of the YearÂ – This award is presented to a franchisee for outstanding performance and overall contribution in enhancing the growth and development of the franchising industry.
- Teenpreneur of the YearÂ – This award recognizes entrepreneurs, age 19 or under, committed to the tradition of black business achievement.
If you happen to be the lucky winner of the highly-coveted Small Business Award, you will be inducted into the Small Business Awards Hall of Fame and you’ll be granted VIP Access to the 2016 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit, May 4-7, 2016 at the Loews Hotel Miami, Miami, FL.
*All entries must be received by Tuesday, March 22, 2016! Â
Be sure to follow Black Enterprise on social media @BlackEnterprise for Entrepreneur Summit news, highlights, and updates. Use hashtag #BESummit to stay in the loop. Please be on the lookout at BlackEnterprise.com as speakers, activities, and sessions are announced.