Provide general administrative and personal support to office of the company’s President & CEO.
- Provide general administrative and personal support to office of the CEO, including coordinating multiple calendars, creating grids and booking travel
- Maintain CEO’s and corporate platforms on social media
- Draft basic business correspondence emails, meeting requests, thank you notes etc.
- Book staff travel and maintain internal calendar and schedules of meetings, vacation etc.
- Track accounting and assist with bookkeeping and the processing of accounts payable
- Oversee customer service and online registration of the company’s event platforms including American Black Film Festival
- Initiate innovative ideas to improve client, partner and sponsor relations
- Research and compile client materials
- Keep abreast of and report on industry insights into current news and trends in entertainment with emphasis in television and motion pictures.
- Manage corporate subscriptions and electronic services. Â Develop an organized manner in which to file digital assets and creative assets
- Responsibilities include rolling calls, researching and compiling client materials, tracking accounting, coordinating multiple calendars, creating grids, and booking travel
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Cinema Studies preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a highly demanding, detail oriented administrative capacity. Entertainment or media industry a plus.
- Proven proficiency in writing business correspondence. Samples required.
- Proficient in technology and social media
- Travel required. Sometimes on short notice
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Excellent PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Excel skills
- Skilled diplomat who works effectively across multiple departments and external parties
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high performance group with multiple projects at one time
- A passion for Black culture & entertainment
ABOUT ABFF VENTURES
ABFF Ventures LLC. is a multifaceted entertainment company specializing in theÂ production of live events, television and digital content targeted to upscale African-American audiences. The company is a joint venture between Film Life Inc. and Black Enterprise two prominent black-owned media and event companies, each with legacies of showcasing the best of African American culture and achievement.Â Headquartered in New York City, the company was formed in 2014 to expand the global footprint of the American Black Film Festival (ABFF), now it its 20th year, and leverage the brand’s unparalleled goodwill in the Hollywood community to stimulate business growth through expansion into other events, entertainment content and curatorial services. Â ABFF Founder Jeff Friday is the company’s chairman and CEO.
Please send rÃ©sumÃ© & cover letter,Â along with salary requirements, to:
Natalie M. Hibbert, VP of Human Resources