It’s that time of year again in New York, as Fashion Week hits the runways, streets, lounges and Web this week. Harlem’s Fashion Row, a social enterprise that gives voice for designers of color through a creative platform that allows them to present their collections to key industry leaders, is back, highlighting more innovative, cutting edge, designers of color.
This year’s events start Sept. 3 with a blogger breakfast, followed by an editors luncheon on Sept.4, a “Fashion and Finance” luncheon, sponsored by Prudential, on Sept. 5, and closes out with a fashion and awards show on Sept. 6. A who’s who of global business and fashion will attend, and honorees are as follows:
- HFR’s ICON 360 Award: Beverly Johnson
- HFR Maverick Award: Journalist, lifestyle expert, and former editor-at-large of Essence Magazine, Emil Wilbekin
- Designer Of the Year: Byron Lars, founder of Byron Lars Beauty Mark;
- Journalist Of The Year: Huffington Post’s Julee Wilson
- Fashion Publicist Of The Year: Umindi Francis, founder/CEO Umindi Francis Consulting Group
- Celebrity Stylist Of The Year: Wouri Vice
- Stephen Burrows Fashion Futures Award: Joshua Kissi of StreetEtiquette.com
Presenting designers are Harlem Haberdashery, which includes Kells Barnett, Shayvionne Harris, Louis Johnson, Jr., Nairobi Washington, Guy Wood, Jr., Guy Wood, Sr., and Sharene Wood;Â K. Milele by Kianga “Kitty Kittyâ€ Peterson; and Josh & Nicol from London.
For more information on these events visit https://harlemsfashionrow.com/tickets/.