The reigning league MVP, Finals MVP, Gold medalist and NBA champion has the league’s top-selling jersey, it was announced by the NBA on Wednesday. Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant follows at No. 2, and Kobe Bryant, who’s held the position six times since 2001, sits at No. 3.
The NBA also announced that NBAStore.com had its largest Cyber Monday in history, with at least a 10 percent sales increase from 2011. Adidas, the official apparel supplier for the NBA, released its Christmas Day game jerseys which is a likely cause for the boost in online sales.
James took the spot from the injured Bulls guard Derrick Rose, who slipped to No. 5.
The resurgent New York Knicks have the league’s top selling team merchandise for the first time since 2004. The cross-borough rival Brooklyn Nets were ranked seventh in the survey.
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
8. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
10. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
12. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
Most popular team merchandise:
1. New York Knicks
2. Miami Heat
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Boston Celtics
6. Oklahoma City Thunder
7. Brooklyn Nets
8. Los Angeles Clippers
9. San Antonio Spurs
10. Dallas Mavericks