Have I told you how fabulous you are lately? As a fellow entrepreneur, you are not alone in your struggle, stress, and lack of resources for your multimillion dollar corporation. It is a struggle for most given the economy.
With high unemployment among African Americans, now is a great time to become an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs are passionate, fearless, resourceful, and the driving force of the economy. Regardless of what you have been told, companies are hiring consultants with a fresh winning perspective and a flexible engagement fee; and now is the time to position yourself as an authority in your field, commit to doing something different, and offer your talent/services to multiple (small to midsize) companies to secure consistent business.
Get ready to implement my tips over the next few weeks to build your brand, create a niche, formulate a winning plan, and most importantly secure FREE (do-it-yourself) press.
Here are several steps to help separate your brand and mission from the competition.
Are you ready?
You want it so bad … you can taste, drink, and see your success. Is your team in place? Many times people are not prepared for the avalanche of blessings when they occur, please be ready. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Be prepared. Success can smell success. Have that look about you, dress appropriately, and have your message on hand to deliver the pitch and close the deal. If you believe in your product others will come to the party in a matter of time.
2. Reputation is everything. Let your work and rep speak for you. If you give your word, honor it. Don’t commit if you cannot meet deadline — people always remember the screw up.
3. Speak up. If you don’t agree with someone’s agenda or how they are positioning your product speak up. Being amenable to everything will not garner fans, only enemies down the line.
4. Be well-rounded. Make certain that you are knowledgeable about current events; this will empower you to have a conversation with any CEO, mogul, or average Jane.
5. Be proactive. If there is someone that you want to get in contact with–reach out. Write a letter, send an email, and make a call; look within your circle for a connection. Work in that order and you will get results.
6. Make time for others. Time is a premium and you are a priority. Make certain that you treat yourself and others that way. If someone is reaching out to you, then you must respond in a timely fashion.
7. Get to know the “team.â€ Don’t be an elitist and ignore the administrative assistant, receptionist, or mailroom clerks. They are the ones really running the company and are privy to information. Be polite and respectful to everyone and become allies with those in the know.
8. Stay out of gossip. Don’t get caught up not minding your business, which means not taking care of your money.
10. Steer clear of dream vampires. Don’t share your dream with people unless they are like-minded and possess the same energy as you.