White People Dead, Tartinery, grand central station, dining concourse

Man Allegedly Stabs 2 Teens After Shouting, ‘I Want All The White People Dead’

Steven Hutcherson, 36, allegedly attacked two teenage girls old while they were eating with their parents at a Grand Central Terminal eatery.

Two teenagers visiting from South America were stabbed at Grand Central Terminal in New York City on Christmas morning. Now, the man who allegedly stabbed the pair is facing attempted murder charges.

According to The New York Post, 36-year-old Steven Hutcherson allegedly attacked the two girls, 14 and 16, while they ate with their parents.

The incident took place at Tartinery in the Grand Central Dining Concourse just before 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 25. The girls suffered non-life-threatening stab wounds, according to police officials.

As the family ate their meal, Hutcherson allegedly yelled out, “I want all the white people dead. I want to sit next to the crackers.”

Hutcherson then allegedly jumped at the girls, stabbing the 16-year-old girl in the back and stabbing the 14-year-old in the thigh. Right before that occurred, he stated that he wanted to sit at a table but did not intend to order anything.

Authorities said Hutcherson has 17 prior arrests and a history of mental health issues. In previous run-ins with police officers, he had been classified as an “emotionally disturbed person,” law enforcement sources told The Post. 

The suspect was arrested and booked on felony counts of attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child.

His most recent arrest occurred on Nov. 7. “I’m gonna shoot you. I don’t care what kind of green card the government gave you,” Hutcherson allegedly told a stranger, according to the criminal complaint against him. “Open your mouth and say something. I will shoot you right now.”

He then pulled a weapon “from the side of his pants,” according to the complainant. Officials said police officers didn’t find a firearm on Hutcherson but did retrieve a knife.

Hutcherson was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, menacing, harassment, and assault in that incident. After pleading guilty to a lesser charge of third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, he was sentenced on Dec. 12 to a conditional discharge, according to the Bronx District Attorney’s Office.

He has been arrested several times since July and given two separate 15-day sentences. It’s unclear if he served any jail time.