The Ultimate Road Trip
“Inspired by Nissan Pathfinder, writer Chris Atwell has written a series about the fictional Anderson Family and imagined the adventures they might have on a summer road trip with Pathfinder. The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this article are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or entities is intended or should be inferred.”
All Roads to the Sea
The Andersons have been on the Ultimate Road Trip for nearly three weeks. Darryl, Denise, and their children have visited a dozen states and enjoyed activities they’ve been dreaming about for years. But there’s more adventure to come and a new job for their all-new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder. Denise shares her take on the journey as it nears its end:
Our “ultimate road trip” is starting to wind down. It’s been a great adventure so far, and our new Pathfinder has performed like a champion every mile of the journey. This road trip was no small undertaking—a family of five, plus a dog, trekking across a dozen states over three weeks. You’ve got to have confidence in your vehicle to take on that kind of challenge.
We were so fortunate that our Pathfinder, a ruggedly built vehicle, is so adaptable to the kind of changes in weather and terrain we knew were in store for us. It delivered on the highway and off-road, conquering everything from steep mountain trails to marshy patches along the Southern coast.
Equally important, our family spent all that driving time in absolute comfort thanks to the Nissan Zero Gravity seats. There’s more than enough space for everyone and their individual “stuff.” And for Darryl and I, who shared most of the driving, all the intelligent mobility safety technology and navigation features were great support for those hours-long stretches. It was almost like having an extra set of eyes on the road.
Just when we thought we’d run out of ways our Pathfinder could help make this road trip a success, things took a new turn in the form of an unexpected purchase.
Darryl and our son Zane wanted one last fishing excursion before we headed home to Brooklyn. Fishing isn’t usually my thing, or Janae’s, but this time we decided, why not? Since we bailed on our Lake Erie plans to visit the Blue Mountain region, we decided to keep east and drove to the coast outside Dover, Maryland, to do a little offshore fishing. Only instead of chartering a boat, Darryl and I decide to buy one!
It wasn’t as impulsive as it sounds. We’d been talking about a boat for a long time and there are several marinas in Brooklyn to keep the boat. Darryl picked one out about a year ago. A 25-foot trailer-capable sailboat. At a little over 2,200-pounds, it would be an easy haul for the Pathfinder and its 6,000-pound hauling capacity. Our boat’s maiden voyage in Delaware Bay didn’t garner much of a haul in terms of fish, but all of us had a great time on the water. When it was over, Darryl set up the trailer connection to secure our new boat. And the next day, we were on our way back to Brooklyn.
But there was one more adventure in store before we reached home…
- Nissan Intelligent Driving:
– Intelligent Forward Collision Warning cannot prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
– Blind Spot Warning and Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention cannot prevent all collisions and may not detect every object or warn in all situations. Driver should always turn and look before changing lanes. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
– Intelligent Lane Intervention only operates when lane markings are detectable. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
– Intelligent Driver Alertness cannot provide a warning in every situation. See Owner’s Manual for safety information. Information displayed is dependent on how vehicle is equipped. Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive: Intelligent All-Wheel Drive cannot prevent collisions or provide enhanced traction in all conditions. Always monitor traffic and weather conditions.
- Towing: Towing capability varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information. Always secure cargo. Towing capability varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information. Always secure cargo.