Driven to affect Africa and the African Diaspora, tiphub proudly presents Diaspora Demo Day, an event which serves to champion high growth and impact from social entrepreneurs who are passionate about the Motherland. Diaspora Demo Day aims at bridging the gap between the developing economies of Africa and the growing pools of capital.
The announced startup showcase includes renowned speakers from the Ghana International Chamber of Commerce, Ngozi Bell, Navarrow Wright, and countless others to make up the largest gathering of African startups outside the continent. Hosted by tiphub, in conjunction with She Leads Africa and African Technology Foundation, Diaspora Demo Day is scheduled to feature a host of keynotes and demonstrations followed by a cocktail and networking reception.
Twenty participants are to make 10-minute pitches to an audience of impact investors, innovation enthusiasts, policymakers, Diaspora angel investors, fellow entrepreneurs, and an esteemed panel of renowned judges. Diaspora Demo Day is designed to serve as theÂ definitive event for interested parties to collect invaluable insights that can be used toward enhancing business and technology in Africa and among the African Diaspora.
Below is a full list of the esteemed judges:
- Gloria La Cava, Co-coordinator, World Bank Middle East & North Africa Youth Program
- Ngozi Bell, Regional Advocate for the Small Business Administration
- Chinesom Ejiasa, Director, Private Equity OPIC
- Jon Gosier, Managing Partner of AppsAfrica Fund
- Danielle Walker, Director of African Affairs – U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Alex Dixon, Director of the Rockefeller Aspen Diaspora Program
- Samuel Suraphel, Founder Mansa: CoLabs
- Celena Green, Director of Africa Vital Voices
- Karen Attiah, Dep. Digital Editor Washington Post
- Antwaun Griffin, Dep. Asst. Secretary – International Trade Administration
- Rebecca Enonchong, Founder & CEO of AppsTech
- Adrienne Gifford, Sen. Program Manager – Initiative of Global Development
- Isaac Boateng, CEO of Face2Face Africa
Diaspora Demo Day is being sponsored by AppsTech, InfoDev, Market Atlas, D’USSE, Gamerholic, Evernote, and Bingham McCutchen.