Two NFL Players Accused of Armed Robbery at South Florida Cookout

Two NFL Players Are Accused of Committing Armed Robbery at South Florida Cookout

NFL players Deandre Baker and Quinton Dunbar
(Image: NFL)

According to The Associated Press, police officers in South Florida are looking for two NFL players after several witnesses accused them of committing an armed robbery at a party earlier this week.

New York Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker, 22, and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar, 27, were attending a cookout at a Miramar home Wednesday night when a fight broke out. According to an arrest warrant, Baker then pulled out a handgun and he, Dunbar, and two other men started to rob other people at the party and made away with thousands of dollars in cash, watches, and other valuables, witnesses told investigators.

Police said all four men then fled the home in three separate vehicles: a Mercedes-Benz, a Lamborghini, and a BMW. Witnesses said the vehicles were parked in a way that would make for a quick getaway, leading detectives to believe the robbery was a planned one. Both NFL players are from Miami.

Miramar police issued arrest warrants for both men Thursday on four counts each of armed robbery with a firearm. Baker also faces an additional four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. The residential community is located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Baker was one of three first-round draft picks for the Giants last season. He was picked 30th overall out of Georgia. He started 15 out of the 16 games he played in. He recorded 61 tackles with no interceptions. He was the last of the three New York picks in that first round.

“We are aware of the situation. We have been in contact with DeAndre,” the Giants said in a statement. “We have no further comment at this time.”

Dunbar signed with the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent out of Florida in 2015 and then was traded to the Seahawks in March. He had 37 tackles and four interceptions in the 11 games he started in last season.

“We are aware of the situation involving Quinton Dunbar and still gathering information,” the Seahawks said in a statement. “We will defer all further comment to league investigators and local authorities.”

Related posts

×