White Man Charged In Death of Black Fiancée Whose Phone He Used to Keep Texting Her Mom

White Man Charged In Death of Black Fiancée Whose Phone He Used to Continue Texting Her Mother

Gwinnett County Jail

Last week, Michael Lee Wilkerson of Greenville, South Carolina, was arrested on suspicion of killing his fiancée, Brittany Michelle Davis.

With the assistance of the US Marshal’s Task Force, the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office, and the Gwinnett County Police Department, Wilkerson was arrested and taken into custody during a traffic stop in Buford, Georgia. He is currently located at the Gwinnett County Jail and is awaiting extradition back to Greenville.

The victim’s mother received text messages from her daughter’s phone in February when she went missing and also in March of 2020. She was found dead earlier this year in April in a wooded area in northeast Georgia.

Brittany Michelle Davis
(Image: Instagram)

The Greenville South Carolina Police Department released a statement regarding the arrest of Michael Lee Wilkerson in the death of Brittany Michelle Davis.

“On March 16, 2020, the family of Brittany Michelle Davis contacted the Greenville Police Department to report her missing. After learning that Davis had been living on McDaniel Avenue with her fiancé, Michael Lee Wilkerson, at the time of her disappearance, detectives later uncovered evidence suggesting that Davis was deceased and likely a victim of foul play.

“In April 2021, human remains were found in a wooded area in northeast Georgia and DNA testing has confirmed that they belong to Davis. While it is believed that Davis died on or about February 12, 2020, the cause of death has not been determined. Based on evidence obtained during the investigation, detectives had probable cause to charge Michael Lee Wilkerson, 42, with the murder of Brittany Michelle Davis, who was 32 years old at the time of her disappearance.”

According to Revolt, Davis’ mother, Melanie Holliman, stated that she had continued to receive text messages from Davis back in February and March of last year. She had received a text message claiming that her daughter was returning home from a trip to Puerto Rico. But, Holliman had learned that her daughter never went to Puerto Rico.