Beyoncé Knowles Carter, Serena Williams, and Janelle Monae, are among several women who are being honored by DC Comics in a new comic book featuring highly respected and esteemed women across different spectrums of life.
DC Comics announced that it is releasing Wonder Women of History in December. The highly anticipated young adult graphic novel anthology was curated by New York Times bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson. Wonder Women of History will present tales of the real-world heroes who emblazon Wonder Woman’s iconic mantle and work in the fields of science, social justice activism, politics, and more.
The narrative of the anthology as described on the website.
Not all heroes wear capes.
Wonder Woman has been an inspiration for decades, and while not everyone would choose her star-spangled outfit for themselves, her compassion and fairness are worthy of emulation. We’ll be presenting tales of the real-world heroes who take up Diana’s mantle and work in the fields of science, social justice activism, diplomacy, and more!
Award-winning author Laurie Halse Anderson brings together an all-star cast of authors and illustrators in this anthology of Wonder Women.
The book, which is now available on pre-order, will be released on December 1st with a sales price of $16.99.
Wonder Women of History spotlights the following notable public figures, written and drawn by some of the most talented writers and artists in publishing:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – written by Lilliam Rivera and drawn by Anastasia Longoria
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg – written by Lilah Sturges and drawn by Devaki Neogi
- Elizabeth Warren – written and drawn by Renae De Liz
- Rashida Tlaib – written and drawn by Marguerite Dabaie
- Teara Fraser – written by Traci Sorell and drawn by Natasha Donovan
- Beyoncé – written by Mikki Kendall and drawn by A. D’Amico
- Edith Windsor – written by Amanda Deibert and drawn by Cat Staggs
- Marsha P. Johnson – written by Jadzia Axelrod and drawn by Michaela Washington
- Emma Gonzalez – written by Kami Garcia and drawn by Igzell
- Judith Heumann – written by Marieke Nijkamp and drawn by Ashanti Fortson
- Ellen Ochoa – written by Cecil Castellucci and drawn by Carina Guevara
- Shi Zhengli – written by Emily X.R. Pan and drawn by Wendy Xu
- Serena Williams – written by Danielle Paige and drawn by Brittney Williams
- Tig Notaro – written by Sara Farizan and drawn by Nicole Goux
- Keiko Agena – written by Sarah Kuhn and drawn by Lynn Yoshii
- Dominique Dawes – written by Danny Lore and drawn by Robyn Smith
- Janelle Monae – written by Vita Ayala and drawn by O’Neill Jones
Wonder Women of History also includes portraits by Weshoyot Alvitre, Colleen Doran, Agnes Garbowska, Bex Glendining, Ashley A. Woods, and Safiya Zerrougui.