As you know, black entrepreneurs face tough challenges when it comes to acquiring capital to grow their business. If you’re looking for funding for your small business, check out this chance to win a grant — and get exposure for your business at the same time.
The 2019 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is offering a total of over $220,000 in grants and prizes. Imagine what you could do for your business! And since everyone knows how busy entrepreneurs are, you can enter in just four simple steps:
1. Write the story of your business. What was your inspiration to start it? What are your products and services? What possibilities would a grant open up for you?
2. Gather photos and your logo. Choose images that capture the spirit of your business.
3. Create a short video. Describe your business in a one-minute pitch.
4. Get out the vote! Once you’ve entered, you’ll be able to share a link to your contest profile across your social networks and with fans and customers. Votes will be one of many factors in selecting winners.
FedEx will award 10 prizes:
- Grand Prize (1 winner): $50,000, plus $7,500 in FedEx Office print and business services
- Silver Prize (1 winner): $30,000, plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
- Bronze Prize (8 winners): $15,000, plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
Find contest rules and details, and submit your entry at fedex.com/grantcontest. The last day to enter is March 25, 2019.