Fortune magazineÂ recently revealed its inauguralÂ 100 Best Workplaces for Women. Thanks to “a bevy of perks, including 84 days of paid maternity leave, flexible scheduling, telecommuting options, and 26 days of paid time off,” wealth management firm TrueWealth came in at No. 1; due to its “atmosphere of mutual support and optimism, along with women holding 61% of executive positions and 74% of the healthcare company’s manager roles.”
Texas Health Resources was rated No. 3. and Build-A-Bear Workshop; the DIY stuffed animal retailer, was ranked No. 10 because 87% of the company is staffed by women who hold 74% of manager positions. Additionally, many respondents noted the company’s training, fair pay, and personally challenging work environment as reasons for calling it a great workplace.
According to Fortune, to create the Best Workplaces survey, over 130,000 women from 637 companies provided responses on everything from fairness of their company’s promotions, to who has access to information and leadership, the level of support for employees’ personal lives, and the degree of inclusiveness and connection they feel with colleagues.
Here’s a snapshot of other companies that made the list.
- TrueWealth, Financial Services & Insurance, Atlanta, GA.
- Squaremouth, Financial Services & Insurance, Â St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Texas Health Resources, Healthcare, Arlington, Texas.
- Granite Properties, Construction & Real Estate, Plano, Texas.
- Acceleration Properties, Advertising & Marketing, Needham, Massachusetts.
- Talent Plus, Professional Services, Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Fluent, Advertising & Marketing, New York, New York.
- Springfield Nephrology Associates, Healthcare, Springfield, Missouri.
- PPR Talent Management Group, Professional Services, Jackson Beach, Florida.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, Retail St. Louis, Missouri.