It’s like having your own personal IRS tax adviser, excluding the usual wait time. The latest version of the Internal Revenue Service’sÂ tax app IRS2Go 2.0 is available to Android and Apple customers. The updated tool, which is a more detailed version of the original app introduced last year, includes YouTube tax videos, a news feed, and tax transcript service.
Here’s a rundown of the new offerings in the IRS2Go 2.0 version:
- Access to tax records: Getting a copy of your tax return is now simpler than ever. You can use your smart phone to request a copy. Transcripts are delivered through regular mail. The IRS also has a new online ordering method. And if you need further assistance, you can call 1-800-908-9946.
- News updates: Hungry for breaking tax news? If you can’t wait to hear about what’s new at the IRS, you can use IRS2Go 2.0 to have news releases sent directly to your phone. You can also have releases sent to you via e-mail.
- Videos: And if the news releases don’t satisfy your appetite, now you can watch the IRS YouTube video channel on your phone. Each video features tax topics such as name changes, earned-income tax credit, and home office deductions.
You can also get the following tools originally offered in version 1.0:
- Refund status: Getting your refund status is quick and easy. Approximately three days after the IRS acknowledges that they’ve received your e-filed return, or four weeks after receiving your paper return, you can get an updated refund status.
- Tax tips: Impress your friends with your unlimited tax knowledge. Provide your e-mail address to get tips and reminders on tax planning and preparation.
- Twitter feeds: Get updates on tax law changes and IRS programs by following the IRS Twitter newsfeed, @IRSnews.