May 16, 2016
#MotivationMonday: 5 Tips to Combat the Monday Blues
It’s Monday, and yes, you’re grateful that you have a jobÂ to get to today, as not everyone has that luxury, but you’re also a little sour because, well, it’s Monday. Not to rub it in, but this means there are 4 whole days AFTER today that you must get through before you can enjoy another weekend.
So, though blessed, also stressed.
Monday’s don’t have to be so bad, you know. These things are all about perspective. Shifting your perspective alone can shift the whole trajectory of your day—even your week. BlackEnterprise.com is here to help you pull this off. We’re in this thing together.
- Start Sunday. We know the last thing you want to do is invade your Sunday with thoughts and talk of Monday, but you have to. Prepping for Monday in advance somehow works wonders at softening the blow. Decide what you’re going to wear on Monday, Sunday. Iron your clothes (if that’s your thing), pack a lunch, charge your phone, and know what task you’re going to conquer before you get into the office Monday morning. The goal here is to get in a Monday state of mind without compromising your Sunday vibe.
- Dance. Listen, sometimes you have to psych yourself out. Get out of bed before the alarm goes off Monday morning; go to the mirror, smile, and dance! Give yourself about 10 seconds or until you start to feel amped. Stop, assess your energy, and dance again if need be. Keep dancing until your life choices start to make sense.
- Expect greatness. Repeat: “This week is going to be awesome! This week is going to be awesome! This week is going to be awesome!â€ as many times as it takes before the message starts to internalize. Mantras and affirmations exist for a reason. Speak your week into existence. Set the tone and watch life unfold.
- Â Exercise. Can’t say this one has been practiced, but word on the curb is that this helps too. Something about the endorphins, or focus required, or sense of accomplishment or something, prompts people to work out as a means to jump start the day and/or week. It’s supposed to be science. You try it and let us know how that goes.
- Gratitude. Give thanks for everything you can imagine from the momentÂ you rise to shine on Monday. Start with the simple fact that you’re rising and shining and work your ‘thanks’ around from there. Surely, you’ll grow so overwhelmed with gratitude by acknowledging all things, large and small, worth being thankful for on a Monday that the blues will fade away. They must.
It’s Monday, sure, but that means it’s MONDAY! YAAY! Think possibility. The week awaits you. Knock ‘em dead! Â #MotivationMonday