Last week Chris Christie left the country speechless with his endorsement of Donald Trump, only two months after he dismissed the businessman’s campaign as “showmanship.â€
Backlash was swift. Christie’s former finance co-chair, Meg Whitman, called out Christie for an “astonishing display of political opportunism.â€ Six New Jersey newspapers called on Christie to step down. To make matters worse, his approval rating has dropping to a dismal 27%.
Unfortunately, the Internet has no mercy. Or chill. This week Twitter gave birth to one of the most viral hashtags of this election season: #FreeChrisChristie.
Check out our roundup of the funniest tweets below.
– Joey deVilla (@AccordionGuy) March 3, 2016
– Christopher Ayers (@wfyichris) March 2, 2016
– Murph’s Law (@MurphofSteel) March 2, 2016
– Holly Fussell (@redhairbluevote) March 2, 2016
Chris Christie has had this expression on his face for 5 consecutive minutes. pic.twitter.com/0KhVWhG9hy
– Alexander Panetta (@Alex_Panetta) March 2, 2016
– Brian Phillips (@brianphillips) March 2, 2016
I was wondering.
If after all these press conferences.
I could be alone to weep. pic.twitter.com/xqfKA35j2X
– SecuriTay (@SwiftOnSecurity) March 2, 2016
– Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 2, 2016
Meanwhile Chris christie sending morse code blinks to seal team 6.
– Rebecca Schoenkopf (@commiegirl1) March 2, 2016
This is a ransom video. I have no idea what Christie was thinking. https://t.co/6das0leXl7
– Teraesa (@OmItOut) March 2, 2016
– Mashable (@mashable) March 2, 2016