Tyler Perry is already in the holiday spirit. TMZ reported that the film mogul has paid off over $400,000 in Walmart shoppers’ layaway debt —paying off $178,000 at one store in Atlanta and another $256,000 at a Walmart in nearby Douglasville, part of the Atlanta Metro Area.
According to TMZ, “all the customers have to do to collect their outstanding items is pay a penny at pickup.”
Perry is not only generous with his money but as a successful filmmaker and entrepreneur, he finds time to dole out advice to aspiring creatives and entrepreneurs. At a recent event, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Summit, Perry took part in a panel discussion dropping various gems of wisdom. Some of his tips for entrepreneurs included:
- Stay creative, fresh, and relevant
- Serve and then super-serve your audience
- Focus intensively on your core/niche
- Show them how special they are
- Show them that you appreciate them
- Treat them with as much respect and sincerity as you would anyone else
Perry also advised those in attendance of the importance of having a good team in place to achieve your dreams, acknowledging that it’s extremely challenging to identify and formulate a good team.